- New England Transit Map
Comprehensive rail and bus rapid transit map for New England, with connections to New York and Canada.
- How COVID-19 Response Shapes Transit’s Future
Six ways to build a better future with transit, based on COVID-19 best practices from fifteen urban, rural, and tribal transit providers.
- Style, Not Stigma: After Mandates, Make Masks An Easy Choice on Transit
When mask mandates expire, here’s how to support mask-wearing as a welcome option on buses and trains.
- VaxTransit: Get Shots in Arms, Beat the Virus, and Build Ridership
Black and Latino people in New York and New Jersey aren’t getting enough vaccines. Free VaxTransit for the next few months can help.
- VaxTransit: 450+ Agencies in 41 States Provide Free Rides for Vaccines
Vaccine access helps transit agencies build a bridge to a brighter post-pandemic future.
- Getting the COVID-19 Vaccine Shouldn’t Require a Car: The Case for VaxTransit
Driving-reliant vaccine sites further harm communities of color hit hardest by the pandemic. Public transit can fix that.
- VaxTransit: Connecting Communities to Vaccines
580+ US & Canada transit providers offer free rides and clinics to connect communities to COVID-19 vaccines.
- Imagine How COVID-19 Could Reshape Mobility
Transit’s most vital–and essential–customers help us envision how public transportation can serve their new mobility needs.
- Amtrak One: Joe Biden can Accelerate Economic Recovery by Renewing America’s Rails
As president, Biden can make Amtrak One a regular part of his travel, reassuring a pandemic-wary public that transit is safe.
- Plan Your Pandemic Recovery Like Caltrain
Facing funding crisis, Caltrain doubled down on racial, social equity, and it worked.
- Taxes for Transportation Were Well Received
Voters eager for better public transit approved 15 of 18 ballot-measure tax increases on Nov. 3, 2020.
- 40 Ways I Transformed NJ Transit for Customers
See how I’ve enhanced customer experience throughout the 5,300 square miles served by the 3rd-largest US transit agency.
- Buy-Tap-Ride: Contactless Fares for Light Rail
I strengthened equity for light rail riders by giving them the same ability as bus and rail riders to buy digital tickets.
- Pandemic Best Practices For Transit
Best practices for transit providers to protect riders and drivers, reassure the public, and adapt to a pandemic-prepared future.
- Branding New Jersey’s Transit Lines
I expanded NJ Transit’s rail line brands into a design system to streamline customer experience.
- Transit Standards: Branding, Design & Graphics
Public transit branding, design and wayfinding knowledge base, with 30+ global transit agency graphics standards manuals.
- E-ZPass: Could it Streamline Transit Fare Payment?
Imagine if your transit fare card worked with E-ZPass, just like the transponder in your vehicle?
- New York & New Jersey Subway Map
New York Subway Map with New Jersey transit connections that shows how transit bridges city and state boundaries.
- Building Bright Signals for the Future of Transit
Skilled transit professionals are ready to proceed. Let’s equip them and fund them. Let’s trust them to do the job!
- Chicago Transit’s Digital Redesign Offers Blueprint for Transforming Customer Experience
The new transitchicago.com demonstrates a thoughtful approach to customer experience for 1.6 million daily transit customers.
- PATH to Penn Station: Restoring an Underground Passage to Streamline NYC Transit
Reopening a dormant underground passage in Manhattan would streamline transit connections for thousands of customers.
- Simplify Things for Customers: A Transit Vision for the Tri-State Region
Simple signage, standardized wayfinding, seamless payment, and a streamlined network to get you from Point A to Point B.
- Seamless Subway Rides Replace Shuttle Buses, Thanks to Port Authority, MTA Collaboration
I helped streamline transfers to and fare payment on NYC Subway during service outages for PATH’s signal system upgrade.
- Verkehrsverbund: How Germany Standardizes Transit Customer Experience
The Verkehrsverbund, or transport association, works with operators to coordinate a unified transit network.
- PATH Riders Council: Building a Model for Transit Agency & Customer Collaboration
I helped establish, and led the 14-person customer advisory board for the transit system connecting New York and New Jersey.
- New PATH to Newark Airport: Train to the Plane Supports Economy, Equity, Resilience
Extending PATH would finally offer a one-seat ride to a major New York-area airport, and strengthen equity for underserved communities.
- Last Mile Microtransit: How Private Residential Shuttles Can Become Hyperlocal Public Transit
How cities can partner with the private sector to subsidize public transit in lieu of private shuttles.
- Regional Transit Diagram: Good Start, but NY & NJ Need a Better Transit User Experience
In 2013, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, New Jersey Transit, and Port Authority of New York & New Jersey released a Regional Transit Diagram–dubbed the first of its kind for the region–to help fans and media visiting for Super Bowl XLVIII in early 2014. The diagram was designed by Yoshiki Waterhouse of Vignelli Associates, in a…
- Hudson Place: A New Public Plaza at Hoboken Terminal
Imagine stepping off your bus, ferry, or train at Hoboken Terminal and onto a new public plaza at Hudson Place. From spring to fall, you can shop at the downtown farmers’ market, and enjoy expanded outdoor seating at adjacent restaurants and bars. A pop-up holiday market brings cheer to the cold winter months. Year-round, Hoboken…
- What’s Involved in Upgrading a Century-old Subway Signal System?
Transit systems like PATH and the New York City Subway need ongoing maintenance to maintain frequent and reliable service. Since both operate 24/7, work is often squeezed in during nights and weekends when passenger demand is lighter. But sometimes larger work periods are needed for major projects like the complete overhaul of a century-old signal…