Need a subject matter expert on transit policy? Redesigning routes, expanding service, or refreshing customer experience? I work, write, and speak on transit, from advocacy to operations, apps to maps, and wayfinding to payment.
- Equitable Engagement – Involve customers and communities in ways that include more voices, help make hard choices involving priorities and budgets, and guide policymaking based on lived experience. Develop policy, processes, and best practices to strengthen engagement with customers.
- Customer Journey Mapping – Evaluate existing experiences and provide recommendations to improve service delivery and enhance the customer journey.
- Messaging to Build Momentum – Develop messaging to build momentum for change with customers, stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Austin Independent School District
- Bank of America
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- CFA Institute
- FHI 360/Family Health International
- Fitch Ratings
- Ford Motor Company & Ford Canada
- NJ Transit
- Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
- World Bank – International Finance Corporation
Sign up for periodic email updates.
“Stewart approaches every project with exponential neurons firing and a great sense of humor.”Colleague
Stewart Mader is an exceptional leader and his mentorship had a profound impact on my career at NJ Transit. He encouraged me in bringing my budding ideas to fruition and was always willing to help me with large projects, such as overhauling communications to ADA customers as well as simple tasks such as updating Web service advisories.Alison Curtis, Colleague – NJ Transit
Stewart has been open to discussions with operations and took time to walk with us ‘in the field’ in order to deal with customer and local municipal issues and relations. Stewart, thanks for working with us, and best wishes in your new endeavors!Dave Abeles, Superintendent, Stations – NJ Transit
“As both a mentor and an advocate, Stewart maintains a high level of engagement with each project, while somehow never micromanaging the details.”Client
“Every time I talk with Stewart Mader, I learn a new way of thinking about transportation and mobility. He sheds old myths and looks at new realities. He quickly spots issues and works creatively to resolve them.”Allen Kratz, Resilience Works
- How COVID-19 Response Shapes Transit’s FutureSix ways to build a better future with transit, based on COVID-19 best practices from fifteen urban, rural, and tribal transit providers.
- VaxTransit: Connecting Communities to Vaccines580+ US & Canada transit providers offer free rides and clinics to connect communities to COVID-19 vaccines.
- 40 Ways I Transformed NJ Transit for CustomersSee how I’ve enhanced customer experience throughout the 5,300 square miles served by the 3rd-largest US transit agency.
- Buy-Tap-Ride: Contactless Fares for Light RailI strengthened equity for light rail riders by giving them the same ability as bus and rail riders to buy digital tickets.
- Branding New Jersey’s Transit LinesI expanded NJ Transit’s rail line brands into a design system to streamline customer experience.
- Transit Standards: Branding, Design & GraphicsPublic transit branding, design and wayfinding knowledge base, with 30+ global transit agency graphics standards manuals.
- New York & New Jersey Subway MapNew York Subway Map with New Jersey transit connections that shows how transit bridges city and state boundaries.